Manakai is more than a swimwear brand, it is a lifestyle.
If you are new to meditation, it's easier than you might think to establish a regular practice and reap the rewards. When you are ready to establish a foundation for turning the mind inward, it's important to work with a single core practice daily until it becomes a habit. We believe this is a good place to start:
- Sit in a comfortable posture with your spine erect. You sit in a chair, on a cushion, or on the floor. Inhale, allowing your hips and thighs to become heavy as if they were rooting down to the Earth. Exhale, feeling the breath gently lifting the spinal column up through the crown of the head. Inhale, allowing the chest to open. Exhale, allowing your shoulders to relax.
- As your breath flows inwards and outwards, notice the sensations in your body. If you feel tense in a particular place in your body allow the breath to release the tension during the exhale. Explore each part of your body while you continue to inhale and exhale.
- Allow the breath to flow at a natural rhythm.
- If thoughts arise, note them and then bring your attention back to the breath. It is okay if you have many thoughts (which we all do). Simply note the thought, exhale, and return your attention back to the breath.
- Imagine your body being filled with light rays as you inhale and exhale. Refocus on your breath and repeat.
- To come out of meditation, take a deeper breath in and gently exhale it out. Take note on how your body feels, how your mind feels, and the quality of your energy.
* we enjoy listening to soft instrumental music, burn palo santo and sage, and light candles. its a ritual, a practice, a new journey so make it fun and playful.
Manakai's "Meditation Station" campaign will help encourage women to take time to be alone in a natural setting, set daily mantras, and explore their bodies through physical activities. Remember our goal is to help women feel comfortable in their swimwear. After all there is no such thing as "bikini body" because we are all shaped differently and that my Sistah is beautiful.