THE BEST ECO FRIENDLY SWIMWEAR FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS
We love receiving news that Manakai Swimwear made the list of THE BEST ECO FRIENDLY SWIMWEAR FOR YOUR HOLIDAYS, provided by Eluxe Magazine.
Eluxe magazine is the world’s FIRST ever publication fully dedicated to sustainable luxury.
They have a quarterly published paper magazine and a daily updated digital publication based in London, dedicated to showcasing luxury brands that demonstrate a strong commitment to good ethics and environmental sustainability.
Eluxe determines a brand’s sustainability based on several factors, including whether it:
- Uses organic, biodegradable, recycled or renewable materials
- Traces the environmental accountability of the product throughout the supply chain
- Follows a strict Corporate Sustainability Policy, with transparent annual reports.
- Uses recyclable, recycled or no packaging
- Is transparent about its employment and payment policies
- Helps empower artisans and preserve artisanal traditions, with fair pay
- Creates a product whose consumption can greatly reduce the owner’s environmental impact
HERE IS WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT MANAKAI
Manakai Swimwear is Maui’s first high-fashion, low-impact, made-in-America swimwear brand created from regenerated nylon . Their newest collection uses an eco-friendly techno fabric made with ECONYL ®, a 100% regenerated nylon fibre made from fishing nets and other waste that is polluting the maritime world.
Why we love it: What we love even more is that many of these eco friendly swimwear designs is actually two in one! Just turn it inside-out and you have a whole new outfit! Plus, we love how Manakai collaborates with artists. For example, their She’s One of a Kind collection was designed in conjunction with Cosmic Collage to make awesome art on their swimwear.